Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you would run a half inch wheel spacer on the rear of your car? I would like to run a set of wheel that are 4" rearspace and my car is set up for 3.5" rearspace. The Dart is also a 400 four speed with 4.10's.

·
Registered
945 Posts
For me I do not like them. I would say never on the front, rear as long as the wheel studs are long enough.

·
Super Moderator
1,434 Posts
[]{}

I ran some ages ago. so long as the studs are long enough and the lug nuts engage fully, I think you should be ok. just be sure it sits completely flat

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well from the spacers I have have seen so far it looks like I would make my own if I use these wheels. I was not impressed by the design or quality of what's on the market. I will also make lugnuts that go through the wheel and into the spacer. The axles are aftermarket with 3" studs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have 2 sets from wheelspacer.com , they are machined to exact fit no sloppy holes. They were 100.00 a pair just a few months ago. Been bracket racing all summer with 1/2 in. Moser studs and 1/2in. wheel spacers at 3200 lbs and 500 horses on a 10 in. slick with no issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello all
My car had spacers when I bought it...I Was really Freaked out at first. I'm only a bit less now...I quess the nice thing is it fixes the offset for the rims and changes it from a 4" bolt pattern to a 4.5".....But I still think I'm going to ditch them when I redo my suspension later this year.

Thanks Ken

G

·
I wouldn't use the type that have the studs offset in the aluminum. Only use the ones where the 3" studs go STRAIGHT thru the wheel.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Evildrken said:
hello all
My car had spacers when I bought it...I Was really Freaked out at first. I'm only a bit less now...I quess the nice thing is it fixes the offset for the rims and changes it from a 4" bolt pattern to a 4.5".....But I still think I'm going to ditch them when I redo my suspension later this year.

Thanks Ken
Those would be called wheel adapters and I would not too excited about having them on any of my cars. I understand though that they were allready there. For $100 I will make my own spacers. I have a lathe and a milling machine out in the garage.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NYrr496 said:
Make them so they use the register on the axle and the wheel. 1/2" will be ok.
That was my plan. I have a lenght of 6" aluminum round stock. I will have to have a buddy of mine cut two 1" pieces off for me. I don't have a band saw big enough to handle that job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How many of you would run a half inch wheel spacer on the rear of your car? I would like to run a set of wheel that are 4" rearspace and my car is set up for 3.5" rearspace. The Dart is also a 400 four speed with 4.10's.
If wheel spacers you are needed, I recommend the BONOSS wheel spacers, they are AWESOME.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts