Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tubbing my 65', and knew I would have to redo the quarter panels, but I guess I didn't WANT to notice the wheelhouses. Gosh; they're a mess! Being that they are rounded and curved, and i don't have an English wheel (or much more; I couldn't use one if I did own one); what is the best way to repair these? Thanks
-Ken

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
95 Posts
Take it all out and go aftermarket......OR, get out the cardboard / tape and start making templets, you may need to do it out of a couple pieces that you can copy into metal, OR, put the frame side stock piece back in and fill the gap.

SIKPUP ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope; the removed pieces are fine. In the bottom picture you see the blue tape. This is where the previous owner tried to patch with bondo. Here's a better pic of the worst side. This one is through a crack to the outside body as seen

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
828 Posts
That looks similar to mine, repaired many years ago. When I have my quarters off I am going to rebuild mine, piece by piece.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i am going to be doing minni tubs this winter and i was thinking of cutting out tubs from a donor car and cutting my filler piece from them there are alot of cars at the auto wreckers that would have a tub with a similar shape

·
Registered
267 Posts
azz7772 said:
i am going to be doing minni tubs this winter and i was thinking of cutting out tubs from a donor car and cutting my filler piece from them there are alot of cars at the auto wreckers that would have a tub with a similar shape
i did the same thing. I have a 70 swinger with the same rust as mopartist. I went to the junkyard and got the wheelhouses from a 73.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.