Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ooh, I like your color combo a lot! Wheels look good too.

G

·
i think it looks great, but you asked for my opinion and i think you could lower the front end a little,just enough so you cant see the tops of the tires.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Looks good Fred. Last pic I saw of your care was in winter. Your paint job looks even better in the sunshine, nice work.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Lookin' real good Fred! What offset do the wheels have and, if you lowered the front a little, would the tires rub??
Gettin' down to selecting wheel/tire combo for my car and am trying to research as much as possible.
Thanks Fred...
O.J.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks sharp Fred BBD

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The backspacing is 4 1/4''. I should have went with 4 1/2'' tough. The fit is really tight, especially in the rear, I can barely fit my fingers between the tire and fender. Nothing rubs, and I tried real hard to make them rub. The front passenger tire was rubbing, but that was because the LCA bumper was missing. I was able to lower the car a little more, about 3/4''. This is about the lowest I can go for now with my /6 t-bars. The spindles are from an 85 new yorker and the brake kit p/n is 140-2729. I had to replace the inner bearing, because the shaft is bigger on the new yorker spindle. My diff is an sure-grip 8 3/4, 3.23 gears with yukon axles and green bearings. Brake kit 140-5591. I had to machine the spacers for the caliper bracket to center the caliper with the rotor.

Fred

·
Registered
47 Posts
nice man. i want 17x8s in the rear for my 64, but i want to go with 17x7s up front. so i guess you had more room to go back (in towards) the springs or would it be close there as well? do you think your tire would rub if you lowered your car in the rear? i want a modest 1" or 2" drop for my 64, but dont want anything to rub.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
theres plenty of room between the tire and springs, almost 2''. I dont think they would rub if you center the tire in the wheel well. I dunno if a 64 wheel well is different from my 68 tough. Measure at least 3 times before you order your mags, I was lucky mine fit, I messed up with backspacing while swapping brakes on 4 corners and changing diff with aftermarket axles... And a 17x7 is a better fit for the front, especially if you want to lower the car. I wanted a wider track and better handling, thats why I went with the 17x8, plus my mags are all the same on 4 corners. The handling is amazing with 225/45 and 245/17, pretty much neutral.
Fred

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
so the rears are 17X8 with a 4 1/4 back space... and you recomend a 4 1/2 back space... right? your not mini tubbed are you? i have been looking for 17" rims for my 71 so this helps me out alot..

·
Registered
704 Posts
wow man that looks great, those rims are nice but they must have cost you a fortune, i think im going to go with 17s on my 72 duster, my plans are a 315/35r17 bfgoorich kd on the back with a 17x11 rim and 225/40r17 bfgoodrich kdw on the front

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.