Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my hood hinges off my 70 today to see if I can repair them (I can't). I trashed one of those round clips that hold the hinges onto the body, anybody know where I can get these new or get a substitute? I don't recall seeing them in Year One's catalog or from the Paddock.

Thanks

G

·
i got em at napa,you are talking about the push on lock washer type right?any parts shop should have them if not call restoration specialties they have all types of clips and retainers and seals too.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah those are the clips I'm talking about. Thanks!

G

·
i had the same problem. end up getting basically the same thing but they were made to turn onto a bolt. if you find the right ones please post where you got them.

·
Registered
404 Posts
internal locking washers si what theya re called i got a crap load at a local nut and bolt store just atke yoru old 1 in and they match it up

G

·
Those things are also called Axle nuts or push nuts. Lowes will have them in the parts bins. Same sort of thing keeps the wheels on a kid's little red wagon.

But I do away with them altogether. Go to the parts store and buy a GOOD stainless steel fuel line sized hose clamp and use that instead. Works like a champ, and is reusable.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought a used set, and they have as much slack as the ones I have. They came off a low milage car (so I was told) I believe him though, they look to be in good condition.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was poking around, and found some arbor collars at Ace hardware. They seem to work really well and secure with a set screw, once I get them on I'll snap a pic for you guys.

·
Registered
404 Posts
thebankerstoy said:
Lars said:
I bought a used set, and they have as much slack as the ones I have. They came off a low milage car (so I was told) I believe him though, they look to be in good condition.
The problem with the factory hood hinges, even when new, is where they are pinned together. SMS Auto Restoration takes good cores and redrills them and installs larger and MUCH stronger pins in their restored hinges, which removes all of the slop that the factory hinges have. I haven't installed my SMS hinges yet, but thats because I'm still trying to figure out if you HAVE to remove the fenders in order to replace the hood hinges.  :eek: :-\

Richard

made alot easier for me. plus i took the time to strighten out the fenders a bit as well

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Couldn't you just take the inner fender splash shields off to get to them?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts