Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im deep up to elbows in this vinil roof repare on my Aust Chrysler by Chrysler, & as you can see im very close to layin a coat of primer on the roof. Im going to paint the roof the same colour as the car & I see in the auto shop has  various different primers...like ech primer & arcrilic etc,which shoud i use? & what about spray putty for those anoying little pit holes, is it any good ?

[attachment deleted by admin]

T

·
0 Posts
I would use a urethane high build primer filler. I use ncp/270 or ncp 271 from PPG. Very high build and very corrosion resistant. If you decide to use it let me know and I can give you more info on the product.

·
Registered
617 Posts
R-M ep789.....epoxy undercoat....top of the line in body shops. After epoxy use your filler.. :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
I am not a painter, but my buddy uses K200. I think it may be the same as filler primer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
for a filler primer thats not to expensive you might try Nason 2k high build, you can get it in grey or buff (yellow) its a cheaper line of dupont.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
first spray epoxy primer on there.. man that stuff is good..

then you do your body work. make sure you re prime anywhere you break through wile sanding..

then you use your high build urathane primer...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
What is self-etching primer? And is it similar to epoxy primer?

·
Registered
617 Posts
To clarify....use epoxy primer on bare metal, then body filler (bondo or similar), then a high build primer.......... :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
RM ep 789 on bare metal, then bodyfiller then primer over the filler. If the filler work is kinda rough, spray filler works nice for small imperfections but still has to be primed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts