Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a '71 Swinger, and I want to rebuild the front end and add a sway bar if possible. I've been looking at the kits from Performance Suspension Technology, and think I want to get the Polygraphite Super Front End kit. I also want to put disc brakes up front, and am considering getting the power brake kit from them also. I guess my question is, are there any real benefits with the polygraphite kit over the standart? I heard that polygraphite bushings make a lot of noise, but I can't remember where I heard it from. I also looked at the kits from Just Suspension, but they're like $600 more. Are they any better than the PST kits? I also want to replace the shocks at the same time. The cars only got a 318 in it for now, but I may put something bigger in later on. I just want to improve handling on the street. What should I do?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
i went through all that with jamies car a couple months ago... after a couple places said that sometimes the poly squeek and some don't i wasn't taking the chance. that would drive me nuts so i went with the rubber.. i bought the kit from espo. i bought the rear springs from them last year the the customer service was great so i went with them for the front end kit.. i also converted to disc brakes and put the 440 bars in it (273 car) with kyb shocks.. i really like the way the car rides.. gonna get it aligned hopefully today and i'll be able to see how it handles now..

·
Registered
660 Posts
I started out looking at a poly kit for my Duster, but ended up with Bill's upper control arms and strut rods. The only bushings left are the LCA bushings, which I replaced with rubber. The poly LCA bushings looked like too big of a pain. I still needed a press to put the bushings in though. I haven't driven it yet, but it looks like it will work great. No, it wasn't cheap, but it could be - if you used stock upper control arms.

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts