Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys run for a wiring harness? When it's done, my car will have lights, fuel pump, line lock, electric fan, maybe a trans brake down the road, etc... What do you gusy recomend for a harness. I was thinkin painless, but which one? There's to many to choose from. I need help. I'm retarded when it comes to electrical!

G

·
go to painless get a pre printed fuse block.If you need 8 circuits get the 12 if you need 12 get the 16,Its nice to have some extras for upgrades later so you don't have to buy an additional fuse block.also i would not cut your wires until you are done routing them and when you do leave at least 6 inches extra.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts
Maybe it's time to learn something about electrical. You can start with the wiring diagram for your car. Don't get overwhelmed by it, just start at the fuse box and trace the circuits one at a time. Look at the size of the fuse and what it controls. In terms of the difference there with the two kits, it is probably in the turn signal/brake light circuit.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand a little bit. I can read wiring diagram and all. But one thing that confuses me is what constitutes a circut? Is it a switched powers sources that powers something?

·
Registered
28 Posts
don't use painless too expensive call (IT'S A SNAP WIRE AND CABLE) 1-866-462-7628. they sell a nice harness with a new minifuse fuse box that is about the same size as a a-body fuse box with 21 circuits and they use the same heavy duty wire painless uses even has the printing on the wire just like painless and it's easier to mount under the dash in the stock location. only it's half the price i bought one and it's excellent. the instructions are good too.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really? I've never heard of them. Has anyone else used their stuff? You don't work for them do you?

·
Registered
28 Posts
no i don't work for them i put a painless in ma 69 convt about two years ago. then i saw this company selling harnessess on e-bay so i called them and ordered one for my 68 gts. and i wish i new about the company before i bought the painless one cause it sucked mounting that giant gm fuse box. go on e-bay and search for streetrod wiring harness and you can see some picshttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EZ-WIRING-21-CIRCUIT-STREET-ROD-WIRING-HARNESS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42606QQitemZ4641439573QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
28 Posts
i got mine from a company called partzfinder performance ph#941-461-0667 they are in florida i think i payed around $180.00

·
Registered
792 Posts
Pick up a Street Rodder mag and look through the ads. There are plenty of other outfits that sell similar kits, but much cheaper.

I also don't understand why the new Painless kit is being marketed as a mopar kit. If it came with mopar specific connecters, I'd consider it a mopar kit. But, from what I can tell, it doesn't. It seems like a generic kit to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts