Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just lost an auction on Ebay for a set of 1969 Hinges, because I fell asleep too early (Sucks getting old  doh )  But I see there are  a set of 1972 hinges on there now.  Will those fit a 1969?

OR,  are the old ones rebuildable, mine have a ton of slop in them

tnku
Ernie

·
Registered
137 Posts
my interchange book says 68 to 71 part numbers 2802120(right) and 2802121(left) and 1972 to 1974 part numbers 3582972(right) and 3582973(left)
so i do not think the 72 will work on the 69 i think it has something to do with the way you can adjust your hood. it was discussed on the old forum if you can find it

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
The difference between my 69 cuda hood and a 73-76 dart sport hood is that the 69 hood had a floating plate inside the hood for adjustment and fixed holes in the hinges. The 73-76 used fixed threads in the hood and slots in the hinges for adjustment. Either style should do the job. Is there a lot of slop in the hinges with the hood mounted? Without the hood attached, they all flop around like crazy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The hood did not want to go down in the back when you closed the hood. Maybe I just need to oil them up real good, but that didn't seem to work before. of course, now the fenders are off, etc, so how can I test them without putting it all back together?

Ernie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts