Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Duster down the 1/8 mile for the first time and ran great (6.36 @107) But at the top end when I apply the brakes the whole car vibrates violent! I want to check the rotors for runout but these are brand new lightweight Wilwoods. Has anyone else had any pulsation troubles with these brakes? When the car slows down the brakes work great, it is just after i cross the finish and start to brake. ???

G

·
I haven't had anyone complain to us yet, but I have heard of new rotors being warped, especially the thin solid ones.
Definitely check them...

·
Registered
137 Posts
i have gotten quite a few rotors warped right from brand new it sucks o[ also what do you use for a proportioning valve maybe you have it adjusted wrong just a thought

G

·
[]{} I have heard of MANY people who had to take just a slight shave from the rotors on wilwood conversions. My bet is that the rotors come unassembled, so when you assemble them and tighten the bolts, it warps them ever so slightly.

other companies with preassembled rotors most likely turn them after assembly, giving you a true rotor OOTB

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have the solid wilwoods all round and it vibrates like mad if you step on it at speed, fine at low speed, Stuff was all new and I have less than 100 miles on it. Here in the UK we have a strange phenomon called rounabouts so not braking hard sometimes is not an option. Has to be warped discs, I will check the runout and see if it can be corrected. If this is the American quality you're always banging on about I'll buy Chinese next time lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
had the same problem on a roadrunner

took everything apart lubed all points and cut just a little bit off the rotors and what a difference

1 - 10 of 10 Posts