Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a variable speed wiper motor. It will not park the wipers in the right spot, and sometimes the wipers will not shut off at all. I checked the factory service manual troubleshooting chart and these two problems are both related to a faulty wiper park switch. The only problem is they don't tell you where it is located or how to repair it. Do you just have to buy a new wiper motor?

·
Premium Member
3,924 Posts
FIRST, check the ground on the motor. I've never had a motor fail to park that was grounded properly, BUT I've had two the did fail to park that weren't grounded (66 Barracuda and 96 Intrepid).

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim, it does have the copper ground strap attached, but it looks like a weird set up because the ground strap attaches to the stud on top of a rubber bushing. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,924 Posts
Yes, it is above the bushing, but the nut should provide the ground. Make sure there is contact between the nut and strap. Next would be to be sure the dash switch is working properly and if so, replace the motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.