Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got a link to a sight with wiring diagrams? I recall seeing one with color diagrams but can't seem to locate it. I'm looking for one for a 76 Scamp. Sorry if this question has allready been asked.

·
Registered
76 Posts
73 diagrams are not even close. The 76 has a 4 connector bulkhead with 5 redundant fusible links. It also splits the run circuit across 2 of the bulkhead connectors and has many factory welded splices off the black alternator wire. If I had a scanner I would just send you mine. Your best bet it to get this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976...ryZ34218QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You really only need chapter 8 but it a great thing to have. It covers all a-body (V-L chapters).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry to take so long to get back to this thread. Apparently the notice to get email's of new posts was shut off. Thanks drjay0 for the link. mopar stu if you get the chance to send that it would be great. I'm especialy intrested in the under hood and dash wiring. Had some charging issue's wich I think I have taken care of but the amp gauge doe's not appear to be working so I have no warning of any electrical problems. About 76 wiring being different, I have a 75 Dart parts car and its different from the Scamp. I'm use to a 12 gauge wire thats constantly hot going to the amp gauge. The 76 Scamp has the amp gauge bolted in to the curcut board with no 12 gauge wire (wich is probably good thing). The amp gauge also appears to have a shunt built in and I don't have spare gauge to check it. In a nutshell I need to go over the amp gauge curcut to determine if there's a bad conection and thats about impossible with out a diagram.

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
Jim_Lusk said:
I've got a CD-ROM with all Chrysler passenger car wiring diagrams from 1955 to 1976. The cost is $35 shipped in the US.
can I ask where and what else they have? I could use that for sure.

CJ

G

·
rots i can scan that for ya but i can only do it at work,so if you dont see it by monday eve remind me(i 'm forgetfull) and i'll get that to you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The ammeter wires come from a factory splice weld off the large guage alternator wire and then into the bulkhead. You need to look for that splice and for 2 wires. 1 being a 20 guage red/with white tracer and the other being a 20 guage black/with white tracer. Those feed thru the bulkhead and make their way to the round pin connector on the back of the cluster circuit board. Track those down and that will get you closer to the ammeter issue. The 76 eliminated the 12 guage ring terminals that usually went directly to the ammeter studs. I'll bring my manual in for some scans tomorrow. I have the same factory book as the links that I posted for you. It is awesome.
Jason

G

·
um...ya thats the cover to the book in the first picture.if you zoom in on the photos it's much clearer,i know it's not what you're looking for but some things are the same, and if you need a copy pm me with your address.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Check your PM's rotsparts

1 - 20 of 20 Posts