Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installing my NX bottle heater and in the wiring diagram they dont show a inline fuse to be installed anywhere. It pulls voltage from the battery then runs it through a relay. Does the relay act as a fuse? I guess the relay will break the connection, if i have a short, and keep the car from burning to the ground ??? Their tech line isnt open today and of course i'm impatient and want to get this thing going on my day off so i can test it out. Any input is appreciated!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have to ask. Why wouldn't you want to protect a circuit that is in direct contact with a NOS bottle. A relay can fuse shut and if that is whats being used to trigger the Hot circuit to the heater you may have a problem thinking its off when its not. Dosen't seem like a problem until you overheat the bottle. At least you may have a chance with the fuse blowing if any problems should happen with the relay.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the bottle heater is actually turned off and on by a pressure sensitive thermostat, so once i flip my toggle switch on i can forget about the bottle heater and worry about other things

1 - 6 of 6 Posts