Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if this has been asked over&over!

'71 Dart changing from Kelsey Hayes to '74 front discs. I heard that the later tie rods had more bend. If I want to freshen up the front end what year should I get?
I was thinking of buying an "all in one" kit, but I have Bill's tubular upper A already, not sure if it'd be cheaper to get parts individually?

I really would appreciate ANY help! Car is all apart, and the "vacation" I'm on to spend quality time with my car is fast ticking away :D

Thanks!
Eric

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim,
I called two different companies, I tried to explain what I was doing, and didn't get really great answers. I know a million other guys have done this before, including me 15 years ago.

Unfortunately I can't remember everything I did before, I think I just asked for parts for a '74 Duster.

Can anyone recommend a supplier? What year stuff should I ask for, multiple years or a later car?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That makes sense, the center link is '71.

If you look at Mancini Racing's ad the earlier 70-72 disc kit is more expensive than the later kit. They told me it was an outer tie-rod difference???

I guess I'll just pick and choose.

Thanks Jim!

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I upgraded to '73-up disks on my '64 Valiant, I used C-body tie rod sleeves and tie rod ends. They are larger (11/16" vs 9/16") and cost about the same. 

Solid sleeves are also available in both sizes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up getting the '74 lower ball joint and those solid 11/16 tierods all for a '74.

Seems like it should work out ok!?!

Thanks again,
Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts