Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking into XHD leafs as a stock replacement spring and it appears that they will be the perfect choice.

What I cannot nail down is if they offer any lift vs. stock height? I already have 2'' shackles on my stock springs and I love the tire clearance, but I hate the look.

I know Capt Jack has them and he suggested that I go with them. Do they add any any height?
???

G

·
They should raise you at least the 2 inches you have with those hangers...probably more. Someone that has them will chime in with their experience. Are those the JCWhitney springs you are talking about?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I do know that JC Whitney carries them, but they do not indicate any lift vs. stock. I am hesitant to call them because I know when it comes to classic car parts advice from JC Whitney, I am better off talking to a group of chimpanzees.

The XHD's I was looking at are from Mopartsracing.com and they too do not indicate any lift vs. stock. They are more expensive, but they are definitely a better Mopar vendor than JC Whitney's in my opinion.

But who knows, Mopartsracing may buy their stuff through JC Whitney and we would never know.

I guess I can call Mopartsracing and find out first hand if I have to, but I'd rather confirm it through one of you guys. This site offers the best advice I have ever come across.

BBD

·
Registered
490 Posts
I bought XHD's from Mancini's. I'm pretty sure it says somewhere on their website that the rear will be raised approximately an inch. Probably more like 2 or 3 on my Swinger because the springs that are in there are really tired

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts