Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cut my mounts off, but my cutting wasnt the straightest. when I relocate the mounts they rock a little. Is there a place I can reference them too? Like are the slots for the motor mount bolts parallel to the frame rail or some where on the K frame?

·
Premium Member
3,906 Posts
How un-straight are they? I made a jig that holds them straight on the inside. You can also use one of those welding magnets. Just make sure the inside walls are straight. They will rock a little without something to hold them. There is an area on the passenger side that sometimes needs a little more grinding to fit straight when moved back.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cut the them with a plasma cutter, and on the pass side toward the fram rail it was hard to cut straight. I never thought about making the walls being straight. I recon that would do it but I am concerned about front to back also. I guess I could make sure all the walls are parallel with each other. What did your jig look like? Do you have measurements? I can fab up just about anything. I have a machine shop at my disposal.

·
Premium Member
3,906 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Had the same problem. I layed some round stock in the saddles and measured across these. I knew one mount location was good so I set the other one parallel to it. Used the magnet idea to true up the walls.

Question for Jim - did you have to grind quite a bit off of the nut that the steering box bolts to? I used new rubber insulators and the motor mount bracket was sitting on this nut.

mike.

·
Premium Member
3,906 Posts
Mike, it seems to vary on that nut. The straighter the saddle is the more clearance there is. There is a tendency to try to make it straight to the steering bracket as opposed to straight to the inside piece. That's where my jig or the magnet come into play. There just remains a gap to be filled between the steering gear bracket and motor mount saddle.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts