Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The latest thread didn't answer my question for sure. I have a 74 Swinger with PB and would like to change over to manual brakes. Does anyone have a parts list. There are those a lot smarter than me that have already been down this road. I just don't where to start.

Best front disk/rear drum master cylinder for the $ is:
Best four to two bolt adapter for the $ is:
Correct length rod for this applicatioin is:

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
ruSS:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I assume you already have disk brakes? If so, its real easy, remove the booster assy and put in a stock manual brake pushrod (junkyard or wanted ad). if you want to do the aluminum 2 bolt naster cylinder (which i prefer), Ar engineering makes a real nice adapter and i personally have used many times a M/C from an 89 diplomat as the application. It'll all work with the stock manual brake pushrod. Dont forget to readjust the brake light switch when done.

--chad

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sooooooooooooo much Chad. That is exactly the info I needed, concise and to the point. I really appreciate the time you took to help with my request.
Take care!
rruSS:)

·
Registered
464 Posts
The adaptor is quick and easy to make. I believe that there's a print in the archives. I ended up having to shorten my manual brake pushrod a couple of times untili got the break pedal where I wanted it. Don't forget to use the small rubber "washer" that's used to hold the pushrod into the master cylinder. We wouldn't want it to fall out at an inopportune time, would we?

·
Registered
185 Posts
yea I agree with moparrr07 I'm happy with my reman one from carquest, 4 bolt mounting. And you don't even have to finda maunal push rod, just go to jegs, mancini, or summit ect.... and get a mopar adjustable pushrod, it's nice cuz then you can adjust how high the pedal is and such.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts